These are difficult times for the world we live in and also for rugby in our country.
We at NSCRO want to assure the collegiate rugby community that we are financially strong and have the funding to continue implementing our new independent operating model and make appropriate investments on behalf of our members. We will be ready for rugby in the Fall.
- We have obtained a proposal for general liability insurance and personal accident insurance coverage.
- We will utilize SportLoMo as our new membership platform and competition management system. As part of the implementation, we will also be launching a new website for our members.
- We are pleased to announce that Lucy Zugschwert has joined the NSCRO team to implement our membership services model and the SportLoMo platform. As the former USA Rugby Membership Services and Database Manager, Lucy is well known to the rugby community and we are excited to add her expertise to our team.
- We are actively speaking with conferences about our new divisions, which includes both small and large schools. NSCRO has the experience and capacity to welcome conferences and teams that may need a new home in the Fall.
- As we expand our services to include a larger segment of the collegiate rugby community, we will be rebranding the organization. In the near future we will change our name to the National Collegiate Rugby Organization (NCRO) in order to more accurately reflect the community we represent.
- We continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the sporting community. While it’s too early to understand any potential impact on next season, we will be guided by our members’ universities and other national sporting organizations.
We want to wish all of our members and their families well during these difficult times. We hope to see you on a rugby pitch soon.
Yours in rugby,
President and CEO