What is covered
The National Collegiate Rugby insurance program consists of two core policies:
- General Liability Insurance
- Participant Accident Insurance
Who is covered
The NCR Insurance plan defines the Insured as “the National Collegiate Rugby Organization, Inc. and all affiliated conferences and clubs.”
In addition the plan provides coverage to the following Insured Persons:
- NCR Registered players
- Active NCR Coaches
- Referees and other match officials while officiating an NCR match
The liability insurance also covers non-playing officials including:
- team managers
- physical therapists
- contractors and employees
- broadcast service providers
- ball boys/girls
- co-opted volunteer workers
- other match officials of the insured
- the referee’s organization (society) and its officers
When are you covered
Insurance coverage is provided under the Participant Accident and General Liability policies to the above insured persons while participating in covered events, including:
- Playing in rugby matches.
- Officiating an NCR rugby match (at least one NCR team is participating).
- Engaged in organized training and practice (in-person and online).
- Traveling directly to, from or between official matches or training and your home or work.
- Staying away from your home or place of residence for the purpose of participating in tournaments or matches.
- Engaged in administrative or organized social activities for your club or conference.
- Engaged in fundraising activities and voluntary work performed on behalf of the Insured.
The insurance policies apply to covered events held domestically or internationally.
For referees, a covered event includes matches where an NCR team is playing a team from another association under a different insurance policy.
Have a question about the participant accident coverage
Go to the Accident Insurance tab
Have a question about the liability insurance coverage
Go to the General Liability Insurance tab
How to request a Certificate of Insurance
Registered clubs can request Certificates of Insurance (COI) by completing the form on the COI Request Form tab. You will receive the certificate within 3 business days.
How to file a claim
Who do I contact if I have questions about insurance
Lucy Zugschwert, Marketing & Membership Services Director
Looking for more coverage
Because breaking a bone shouldn’t break the bank. To learn more and purchase Spot Pro, visit ncr.getspot.com. Everyone knows accidents happen, they just hurt less with Spot.